Our technology allows us to provide the industry’s most comprehensive proofreading service.
Patent Proofreading is an established part of modern patent prosecution. A sample of 1600 patents issued by the USPTO revealed the following:
- 98% of the issued patents had mistakes
- Over 50% of the mistakes were made by the USPTO
- Over 33% of the mistakes required a Certificate of Correction, and
- 2% of the mistakes were serious enough to impair the core claims
Next Generation Proofreading
Our technology allows us to provide the industry’s most comprehensive proofreading service. We use automation to access the patent’s file wrapper and use an OCR engine to recognize the text. The software uses the file wrapper information to assemble a document that should represent the issued patent (the “Assembled Patent”). Claims are constructed on a claim-by-claim basis.
Our software compares the issued patent with the Assembled Patent. Our staff reviews the identified inconsistencies to determine whether the Assembled Patent or the issued patent is correct.
- We verify all prior art references on the front page against those cited in the disclosure statements
- We confirm that reference characters mentioned in the description appear in the drawings
- We use our technology dictionaries to check for spelling errors
- We confirm all inventor and title information
- We conduct a visual inspection to assure that the correct drawings appeared in the issued patent
- We conduct a manual verification of the claim set
Our Customer’s Receive The Following
- A patent report that identifies errors or discrepancies
- A copy of the Assembled Patent
- A file wrapper history report
- A report that identifies all of the mistakes identified during the proofreading process
- We will prepare a certificate of correction if so requested