Come join the team
We’re building the future of IP and we would love your help.
Black Hills IP Renewals is looking for an individual to join our patent annuities company. Most patents require additional fees (patent annuities) to keep the intellectual property active and valid. As an Annuities Assistant for Black Hills IP, you will ensure our customers are aware of when patent annuities are due, maintain an accurate listing of their patent information and affect patent annuity payments on our customers’ behalf. The primary objective of this position is to confirm all relevant patent information is accurate which ensures that our patent annuity management system can affect relevant patent annuity payments.
At Black Hills IP, we demand high standards, which is why we offer our employees much in return. In addition to your competitive salary, medical/dental/vision/disability plan, paid time off, grievance leave, and PTO plus nine company holidays, there are several perks, including:
- Dress: wear casual clothes at the office and never iron for work again
- Flexibility: enjoy the freedom of 4 hours of flex-time per week to accommodate your life, on your terms
- Food: weekly fruit and pastries, monthly lunches and cakes, exceptional events and the variety of the Skyway
- Location: access the office easily in our central location with a full variety of transit options
- Wellness: cast off stress in the 13th floor gym or the rooftop patio, and park your bike inside with locker-room access
Not everyone can be an Annuities Specialist. For serious consideration, please meet the following requirements:
- Experience: 3+ years experience, legal background preferred
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree; Associate Degree with annuities experience in an office setting; High School Diploma/GED with annuities experience in an office setting
- Skills: a high level of attention to detail, Microsoft office applications, analytical skills, effective communication across all mediums
- Citizenship: all Black Hills IP employees must be US citizens or have a green card allowing them to work in the US without being subject to export control restrictions.
- Characteristics: Integrity and confidentiality are key in intellectual property, and being in a semi-autonomous position, you must be self-sufficient and motivated. Also, there is a training period that will require you to be open to feedback and constructive criticism. Finally, your work must be done on a computer, so you must be able to spend extended periods of time at a desk.
As a member of BHIP’s Annuities Team, you will meet team goals on quality, accuracy and volume to maintain and enhance our high standing in the industry, as well as exceed the expectations of our clients. You will be expected to learn, adjust and improve as we work with you to ensure the best service possible. Along your journey with us, you will be responsible for:
- Managing monthly reports and inquiries
- Comparing sets of data for data discrepancies
- Designing and improving internal processes
- Maintaining confidentiality
- Engaging with various company teams
- Cultivating sincere relationships with clients
- Managing and prioritizing multiple tasks with an emphasis on meeting tight deadlines.
Location: Minneapolis, MN or Rapid City, SD
Applicants will only be considered when directly applying through the Black Hills IP website. When applying, you will encounter a login screen through Oasis DEG. Please enter the following information for access:
- Username: bhip
- Password: applicant