Black Hills IP is a Minneapolis based technology, docketing and paralegal Intellectual Property leader. We turn new docketing automation technology and processes into trusted solutions for large and small clients alike, from high flying global giants to local start-ups. After more than eight years of progress, we need an Experienced or Senior Patent Docketing Specialist to join our team to help us protect our client’s most precious property.
As a Patent Docketing Specialist for Black Hills IP, you will engage with a variety of clients to docket trademark and patent documents under the guidance of the Docketing Manager. You will process documents in multiple industries, including aerospace, computing, electronics, as well as the heavy equipment and construction industries. Your success will expand BHIP’s business and foster trust in protecting some of the most valuable patents and trademarks in the world, while simultaneously developing your skills in a dynamic industry.
At Black Hills IP, we demand high standards, which is why we offer our employees much in return. In addition to your competitive salary, medical/dental/vision/disability plan, paid time off, grievance leave, and PTO plus nine company holidays, there are several perks, including:
- Dress: wear casual clothes at the office and never iron for work again
- Flexibility: enjoy the freedom of 4 hours of flex-time per week to accommodate your life, on your terms
- Food: weekly fruit and pastries, monthly lunches and cakes, exceptional events and the variety of the Skyway
- Location: access the office easily in our central location with a full variety of transit options
- Wellness: cast off stress in the 13th floor gym or the rooftop patio, and park your bike inside with locker-room access
- (Senior) The Dream: live the real dream and work remotely if you live outside of the Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area, plus you’ll get a trip to the holiday party on us
Not everyone can be a Patent Docketing Specialist. For serious consideration, please meet the following requirements:
- (Experienced) 3+ years docketing experience, legal background preferred, experience in specific docketing systems required. CPI, Anaqua experience preferred.
- (Senior) 10+ years Intellectual Property docketing experience, legal background preferred, experience in specific docketing systems required. CPI, Anaqua experience preferred.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree; Associate Degree with docketing experience in an office setting; High School Diploma/GED with docketing experience in an office setting
- Skills: a high level of attention to detail, Microsoft office applications, analytical skills, effective communication across all mediums
- Citizenship: all Black Hills IP employees must be US citizens or have a green card allowing them to work in the US wiout being subject to export control restrictions.
- Characteristics: Integrity and confidentiality are key in intellectual property, and being in a semi-autonomous position, you must be self-sufficient and motivated. Also, there is a training period that will require you to be open to feedback and constructive criticism. Finally, your work must be done on a computer, so you must be able to spend extended periods of time at a desk.
As a member of BHIP’s Docketing Team, you will meet team goals on quality, accuracy and volume to maintain and enhance our high standing in the industry, as well as exceed the expectations of our clients. You will be expected to learn, adjust and improve as we work with you to ensure the best service possible. Along your journey with us, you will be responsible for:
- Docketing patents and trademarks from around the world
- Mastering our proprietary machine-guided docketing system
- Mastering multiple docketing systems
- Designing and improving internal processes
- Maintaining confidentiality
- Engaging with various company teams
- Cultivating sincere relationships with clients
Location: Minneapolis, MN preferred/ Remote
Applicants will only be considered when directly applying through the Black Hills IP website. When applying, you will encounter a login screen through Oasis DEG. Please enter the following information for access:
- Username: bhip
- Password: applicant
Apply here: https://hr.oasisdeg.com/OLA/ApplicantWeb/Default.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fOLA%2fApplicantWeb%2fAdmin%2fApplicantList.aspx